Friday 6 May 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy with a Heart


ONE
On Monday, we had our belated Royal Wedding Street Party. It was a little blustery but the sun shone and I had a lovely time. It was a really good opportunity to meet the neighbours that, despite our proximity, I rarely see. My little girl enjoyed playing with another little girl of a similar age that I vaguely remember being born then forgot all about. Hopefully, she can now become a regular playmate.

We did have one embarrassing moment when my little girl decided it would be fun to decorate an elderly neighbour's mobility scooter with Union Jack flags then climb on and make racing car noises!


TWO
Tomorrow, we are having the second of our Alphabet Dates. I am enjoying making plans for that.

THREE
My daughters have been invited to play a set at a local music festival that gives new bands an opportunity to showcase their talents. I don't have all the details because it is Liberty who is liaising with the organiser but I am very excited to see how four girls playing instruments together and singing are suddenly becoming "a band". 

As well as that event to look forward to, Charis is also performing in two upcoming amateur dramatics productions. Rehearsals are well underway and costumes are starting to appear.

Nothing gives me more pleasure than supporting my children in their endeavours and having my moment to be the proud mummy in the audience.

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had such an ejoyable time at the street party. It's also great to hear that Adrian played with a little girl of her own age.
    I did laugh when I saw how Adrian decorated the Mobility scooter but I am sure it made everybody smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely reasons as ever. Poignant reflection on society where you talk about that little girl.
    Love the decor on the mobility scooter and very well done to the band on such progress and to your girls too. Mine are in the usual place at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that festive mobility scooter - how did the owner respond?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably should have mentioned in my post that the elderly lady who owned the mobility scooter was none too pleased about attention it was getting. She jumped out of her seat like a athlete (making me wonder why she needed mobility aides at all!) to hide the scooter behind a bush. She explained that it was her lifeline and she would be lost if it got broken.I had some apologising to do :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. A proud Mummy indeed, that Pealry king and wueens outfit was quite something.

    Enjoy your date, as thrilling as the last one?

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...