Friday 3 June 2011

Campstock 2011

One of my Reasons to Be Cheerful this week was that my girls will be performing their first gig at a local pub on Sunday night. I am so incredibly proud of them for making the transition from playing at family dos to performing in front of strangers and even more proud that they will be showcasing some of their original songs in the set list.

The Sunday gig was a 'last minute' bit of organisation and was really intended as something of a dry run for an even more exciting event that they are taking part in - Campstock 2011.

Campstock is a local Festival of Music in aid of the Douglas Macmillan Hospice and my girls with their band Not Quite will be playing support.  I couldn't be more proud.

The date of  Campstock is 25th June so for the first time since I found out about Cybermummy, I don't feel disappointed that I was not lucky enough to secure sponsorship or win a ticket.

I hope all you blogging mummys out there that will be attending Cybermummy (and especially to my sister, Wendy, who will be turning up in style in the posh car she won the use of) will have an amazing time. Maybe I'll see you there next year but for this year, I will be enjoying a very different event and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

3 comments:

  1. Hope they have fun. My daughter also performing this weekend! Great feeling watching your child do well isn't it !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...