Time to start thinking outside the box.
My Top 5 Things I'd Love this Valentines
1. A hand made card with a love poem. My husband is a wonderful communicator but he is not very comfortable with writing. He avoids it wherever possible. When he is expected to write anything significant, he usually asks me to correct his grammar and spelling. For that reason, I know that writing a poem would take an awful lot of effort and would be all the more precious because of it.
2. To be serenaded. Singing is another area where my husband's talents are somewhat lacking. He actually has a lovely tone and timbre to his voice - it's just finding the right notes that causes the problem. What he lacks in talent he does make up for in enthusiasm whenever we dust the Karaoke machine off but it is more comedy than vocal in terms of performance value. I would like him to sing a song that he had chosen for me and sing it like he means it.
3. A home baked cake. Curry, enchiladas, shepherds pie, sausage and mash... my husband's repertoire in the kitchen is expanding. However, cake baking is not a culinary area he touches. I LOVE cake. A cake baked with love would be a perfect token of his commitment for Valentines.
4. To be carried. I loved it when my husband picked my up in his arms after our wedding to carry me across the threshold. I was 5 months pregnant then so I was quite a bit heavier than I am now! I would love him to pick me up and carry me (to bed maybe?) as long as he thinks his back can take the strain!
5. And just because he is already in the habit of buying me flowers, champagne, jewellery etc and all the other things he does for me, it doesn't mean that they don't ALL make it to my Top 5 Things I'd Love this Valentines List. Poor man. He is going to have his work cut out!
A contribution to Kate Takes 5 Listography