This is a hard one to limit to just five. There are so many fantastic films worthy of the accolade. I will sort them into genres to help me prioritise.
- The Notebook - best romantic weepy - makes me cry buckets.
- Se7en - best thriller - it has an intelligent story line, it has macabre deaths, it has Brad Pitt!
- Rocky - best nostalgic oldie - despite the fact that Sylvester Stallone's dialogue is unintelligible, this is an iconic movie. It only just beat Jaws onto my top 5 by virtue of the fact that I named my baby daughter after Rocky's girlfriend. The unforgettable scene at the end when a seriously smashed up Rocky shouts above the crowd's applause to his woman "Yo! Adrian!" gives me tingles.
- Hellraiser - best horror - I adore a good horror movie and for me this is the best. Clive Barker's vision of hell is incredible and the charismatic Pinhead is superbly played by Doug Bradley.
- Beauty and the Beast - best Disney - the list wouldn't be complete without a contribution from Disney. I love that Belle is bookish and a bit awkward, the blossoming love story unfolds with such tenderness and the songs are amazing.
|It might be time to plan a video night!|