Friday 1 August 2014

A beautiful photograph - a beautiful young woman

I recently invited my 17 year old daughter to write a guest post about her experience doing voluntary work with a charity in Malawi. The post has generated lots of positive feedback which did not surprise me. It was a beautifully written piece and really conveyed the passion that my daughter feels to pursue a career in medicine and be able to make a difference to people's lives.

She is currently working hard on her Personal Statement for University applications and getting to grips with the BMAT (Bio Medical Admissions Test) and UKCAT (UK Clinical Aptitude Test) that she will need to sit shortly. Her dedication to a task never fails to impress me.

The following photograph was taken by another volunteer in Malawi. I wanted to share it here on my blog because I absolutely adore it. My heart swells with pride when I look at the confident, empathic, brilliant young woman my 'slightly odd' little girl has become.

Photograph by Jane Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...