Thursday 6 September 2012

N is for Nothing


Whenever I hear anyone say I'm bored or I've got nothing to do I can't help but feel a little envious. My life is so full of busy that there is little enough time to do the things I need to do let alone all the things I want to do.

For our N Alphabet Date, my husband and I decided to indulge ourselves by doing Nothing. I'm sure if this was a regular occurrence it would quickly become very dull but it was an absolute pleasure to have the excuse to forget all the things we could or should have been tackling and do Nothing.

It was all quite spontaneous. The kids were happily watching their favourite channel on the TV. We had plans to use the afternoon to finish sorting out our loft space but instead, we got comfortable on the sofa together. We barely spoke. I put my head in his lap and let myself relax. I dosed off a few times and luxuriated in the guilt free doing nothing. It felt so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...