Sunday 10 October 2010

X Factor

My workout at the gym yesterday has reminded me of some long neglected muscle groups. I am wondering if my brother-in-law is feeling much the same after his 6 hour stint of keeping two hands in one position on a car  yesterday in the 'Hands off my Hyundai' competition. He at least has a brand new shiny Hyundai to take his mind off any aches and pains he may be suffering today!!

Still on the competition theme, I held an 'X-Factor party' yesterday in order to take some photos to post on the Chicago Town facebook page. This puts me in with a chance of winning 'The Ultimate Saturday Night In' with ex-contestant Danyl making a special guest appearance to give a private performance. As my sister and her family were busy off winning a car and my husband was busy at work, the 'party' was a little thin on guests. However, what we lacked in numbers, we made up for in enthusiasm. We had a lot of fun with the 'Eggs' Factor - decorate an egg to look like your favourite judge competition - and thoroughly enjoyed our Chicago Town Pizza and Cheryl Cole-slaw lunch! All the time, the kids were protesting that they don't want Danyl to come round our house! 


Our party culminated with actually watching the  X Factor first live show. I had already chosen my favourite, the ex-painter decorator Matt. What surprised me was how much I totally loved Aiden, who bears an uncanny resemblance to my daughter Liberty's other half. He was incredible. I am really looking forward to the next show to see if he can surprise me again.

I have another party to attend this afternoon - a  Spongebob themed birthday party for my niece. Before I rally the troops together to set off for that I just have time to make a feta cheese and spinach pie ready for tea tonight. The pie might just be glazed with an egg bearing a striking resemblance to X Factor judge Cheryl Cole.

'Eggs'  Factor's Cheryl Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...