My wedding day was full of wonderful (unforgettable!) moments but there were a few clangers too. These are my Top 5 Improvements for my wedding but ultimately in life you take the good with the bad and I always try to find a way to laugh at that which is less than perfect!
1. Calculate how pregnant I was going to be on the wedding date more accurately - a 5 month bump was much harder to disguise than what I thought was going to be a 4 month bump.
2. Do not try to buy a dress on the internet from China despite the fact that it seems like a bargain and the company has many glowing testimonials. Having said dress delivered weeks after my big day was not a lot of use.
3. Book my hair appointment far enough in advance to get the hairdresser I trust - not the one that made me look like Worzel Gummidge so that the whole thing had to be redone.
4. Tell my dad beforehand that the Father of the Bride speech ought to actually mention the bride rather than just welcoming my husband to the family. It broke my heart a little bit that he didn't say that he loved me or that he was proud of me or that I looked beautiful. I know he does love me but it would have meant the world to me to hear him say it at that moment.
5. Make sure my microphone is turned on before the start of my karaoke duet of "Having my Baby" with my husband.